M = Represents the Master, the Lord Jesus Christ.
V = Stands for Vessel (instrument) of the Master adorned with the Sun of Righteousness arising from within his/her heart.
M = Stands for Ministry (service to the Master).
That men and women may know Christ and His riches.
THIS WE BELIEVE
- We believe that the Bible is divinely inspired and sufficient and authoritative in all spiritual and moral issues (Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe in the unity of the Godhead with the distinction of persons, the father, Son and Holy Spirit, coequal and co-eternal. (Gen. 1:26; Matthew 28:19; Deut. 6:4; John 8:41; Eph. 4:4-6; Isa. 9:6; John 1:1; Acts 5:3-4; 1 Cor. 3:16; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:3-8).
- We believe that man, as a result of sin, fell from the glorious image of God in which he was created.
- We believe that salvation from sin and the gift of eternal life come through the grace of God and faith in the sacrificial death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, apart from human effort or merit (John 14:16-18, Romans 3:24-25, 4:23-25, 6:23).
- We believe that Christ will return to earth bodily and visibly to receive His people to Himself. (John 1:1-3, Acts 1:9-11).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates, sanctifies and baptized (fills) all those who, by faith, receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (John 3:5-7, Acts 1:6, 10:44-46, 15:8;9 Romans 15:16)
- We believe that death does not mean the end of man, for at death man’s spirit returns to God to give account of life lived on earth and body returns to the soil from which it came (Luke 16:19-31, 2 Corinthians 5:1-10).
- We believe in the resurrection to life of the righteous and the condemnation of the of the unrighteous (Daniel 12:2; Luke 14:14; Acts 17:31; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe in divine healing through the mercy and grace of God (Psalm 103:3; 107:20, Proverb 4:20-22; Isaiah 53:5; Mathew 8:16-17).
- We practice believers baptisms by immersion (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Act 10:47,48; Roman 6:4)
- We regularly observe believers remembrance of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ referred to as the Lord’s supper or Holy communion(Luke 22:19-20; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We recognize only marriage between a man and a woman as biblical and ordained by God(Genesis 2:18, 21-24; Matthew 19:4-6; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5; Hebrew 13:14)
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Our Aims and Objectives are informed mainly by the Master’s last command, the Great Commission, (Matthew 28:19-20) with its practical implication:
- To win people for Christ and disciple them
- To establish and maintain local Churches;
- To help the needy, such as orphans, refugees and those who are destitute;
- To establish educational and other institutions as a vital avenue of evangelization and a means of enhancing the standard of living of our members and the society in general. It is to this end that we have established the Classical Academy-Elementary and Secondary schools that offer excellent academic instruction and sound religious and moral training to young people.
- To seek and foster association, affliation, and cooperation with other national and International evangelical bodies that have goals similar to ours;
- To pray for national and world revival.
Where We Stand On Some Controversial Social Issues
- Homosexuality – God loves homosexuals (John 3:16) and we believe homosexuals should be welcomed and encouraged to attend the local church (Mark 2:17). At the same time, we believe the practice of homosexuality is a sin (Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Genesis 19; Jude 7; Romans 1:26-32; 1 Timothy 1:9-11; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11). Therefore, we believe that repentance is the pathway to church membership. After repenting of sin and turning to Christ, any person (including a homosexual) should be encouraged to become a member of a local church. Any former homosexual considering leadership in a local church should be welcomed and encouraged to do so. In keeping with 1 Timothy 3, we would ask such a person to wait for a period of time in order to demonstrate a track record of freedom over their former life of sin. We would ask this of any new believer. We do not believe in the ordaining of self-avowed, practicing homosexuals. We do not believe in ceremonies that celebrate same-sex unions.
- Abortion – We believe that the life inside a mother’s womb is a real human created in the image of God (Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:4-5) and, therefore, that abortion is murder and is wrong/sin (Exodus 20:13). We believe that God offers full forgiveness to an abortive mother/father who has turned to Jesus Christ (Col 2:13-15; Eph. 1:7).