The Master’s Vessel Ministry is an inter-denominational church that seeks to exalt Jesus, edify believers, and share the gospel of Christ that brings salvation to as many as have not known Him. Our desire is that people from every tribe, tongue, and nation will hear the all-encompassing good news that is able to transform lives and set captives free. We believe so much in the power of God’s Word, and that is why we give so much attention to discipleship. In a world of changing cultures and values, it is imperative that the truth and inerrancy of scripture be emphasized, for only such truth is able to make men free. Therefore, we do not compromise the word of God in order to “conform” or be on the “right side of history”. As we await the imminent return of Jesus Christ, we want to be found being at the Master’s task, occupying in the area that He has placed us. The work is great, but our God is greater. Join us to proclaim this redeeming truth all over the world, and thereby fulfill our own part in the Great Commission
M = Represents the Master, the Lord Jesus Christ.
V = Stands for Vessel (instrument) of the Master adorned with the Sun of Righteousness arising from within his/her heart.
M = Stands for Ministry (service to the Master).
The logo is a revelation from God conveying two concepts in one. Namely, a saved and santified person in whose heart the Son of righteousness (Jesus Christ) resides and radiates His beauty and power. This revelation is drawn from two scriptures (hence, the revelation); (2 Timothy 2:20-21 the vessel) and (Malachi 4:2 the radiating Son of righteousness). We believe that there is no limit to what God will do through a person (vessel) in whom the above concepts hold true.
We are a congregation of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ from various religious backgrounds. God has called us through the new birth to live as His purified private possession, or peculiar people (Titus 2:14; 1 Peter 2:9). Thus, our vision is to: Exalt Jesus Christ; Edify believers; and Evangelize non-believers.
That men and women may know Christ and His riches.
THIS WE BELIEVE
- We believe that the Bible is divinely inspired and sufficient and authoritative in all spiritual and moral issues (Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe in the unity of the Godhead with the distinction of persons, the father, Son and Holy Spirit, coequal and co-eternal. (Gen. 1:26; Matthew 28:19; Deut. 6:4; John 8:41; Eph. 4:4-6; Isa. 9:6; John 1:1; Acts 5:3-4; 1 Cor. 3:16; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:3-8).
- We believe that man, as a result of sin, fell from the glorious image of God in which he was created.
- We believe that salvation from sin and the gift of eternal life come through the grace of God and faith in the sacrificial death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, apart from human effort or merit (John 14:16-18, Romans 3:24-25, 4:23-25, 6:23).
- We believe that Christ will return to earth bodily and visibly to receive His people to Himself. (John 1:1-3, Acts 1:9-11).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates, sanctifies and baptized (fills) all those who, by faith, receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (John 3:5-7, Acts 1:6, 10:44-46, 15:8;9 Romans 15:16)
- We believe that death does not mean the end of man, for at death man’s spirit returns to God to give account of life lived on earth and body returns to the soil from which it came (Luke 16:19-31, 2 Corinthians 5:1-10).
- We believe in the resurrection to life of the righteous and the condemnation of the of the unrighteous (Daniel 12:2; Luke 14:14; Acts 17:31; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe in divine healing through the mercy and grace of God (Psalm 103:3; 107:20, Proverb 4:20-22; Isaiah 53:5; Mathew 8:16-17).
- We practice believers baptisms by immersion (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Act 10:47,48; Roman 6:4)
- We regularly observe believers remembrance of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ referred to as the Lord’s supper or Holy communion(Luke 22:19-20; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We recognize only marriage between a man and a woman as biblical and ordained by God(Genesis 2:18, 21-24; Matthew 19:4-6; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5; Hebrew 13:14)
We have the mission of raising men and women who will be like Jesus Christ in love, obedience, humility, holiness, suffering, prayer and power
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Our Aims and Objectives are informed mainly by the Master’s last command, the Great Commission, (Matthew 28:19-20) with its practical implication:
- To win people for Christ and disciple them
- To establish and maintain local Churches;
- To help the needy, such as orphans, refugees and those who are destitute;
- To establish educational and other institutions as a vital avenue of evangelization and a means of enhancing the standard of living of our members and the society in general. It is to this end that we have established the Classical Academy-Elementary and Secondary schools that offer excellent academic instruction and sound religious and moral training to young people.
- To seek and foster association, affliation, and cooperation with other national and International evangelical bodies that have goals similar to ours;
- To pray for national and world revival.
Where We Stand On Some Controversial Social Issues
We acknowledge that the following social issues have brought much pain and division in some churches, and we do not approach these issues lightly or glibly. But we also acknowledge that, at the heart, these are authority of Scripture issues. To us, the Bible is clear on these issues, and therefore, we take a strong stand:
- Homosexuality – God loves homosexuals (John 3:16) and we believe homosexuals should be welcomed and encouraged to attend the local church (Mark 2:17). At the same time, we believe the practice of homosexuality is a sin (Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Genesis 19; Jude 7; Romans 1:26-32; 1 Timothy 1:9-11; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11). Therefore, we believe that repentance is the pathway to church membership. After repenting of sin and turning to Christ, any person (including a homosexual) should be encouraged to become a member of a local church. Any former homosexual considering leadership in a local church should be welcomed and encouraged to do so. In keeping with 1 Timothy 3, we would ask such a person to wait for a period of time in order to demonstrate a track record of freedom over their former life of sin. We would ask this of any new believer. We do not believe in the ordaining of self-avowed, practicing homosexuals. We do not believe in ceremonies that celebrate same-sex unions.
- Abortion – We believe that the life inside a mother’s womb is a real human created in the image of God (Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:4-5) and, therefore, that abortion is murder and is wrong/sin (Exodus 20:13). We believe that God offers full forgiveness to an abortive mother/father who has turned to Jesus Christ (Col 2:13-15; Eph. 1:7).
All who desire and seek to be members of the MVM shall show evidence of salvation from sin and an earnest desire to live a sanctified life of service to the MASTER.We welcome such potential members with open arms