WHEN THE LORD GOES AHEAD OF YOU
Texts: 2 Samuel 5:17-25 & Matthew 2:13-48
This message is based on the Spiritual Emphasis of our great Ministry, for the year 2019, as announced by the President – “Intentional Enlargement: Our GOD has gone ahead of us. Isaiah 45:2
How do you feel under the following circumstances?
- When you are going to a place for the first time.
- When you are meeting an eminent person for the first time.
- When you are to meeting a stranger who is said to be wicked or friendly for the first time.
- When you are to confront someone stronger or bigger than you.
In most cases, there is a feeling of apprehension, uncertainty, and fear. If it is a place you have not been to before you may have to make enquiries to help you reach your destination successfully.
This year 2019 is strange in that we have not gone through it before. It is full of uncertainties and hope. In spite of all these the LORD has promised that HE has gone ahead of you in this year.
There was a story of a man who was driving to a place but missed his way. Suddenly he saw another vehicle in front of him with a sticker captioned “Follow me if you don’t know your way”. He followed the vehicle but was disappointed when the vehicle in front of him drove into a compound.
This is not the kind of assurance The LORD is giving us this year.
We shall consider the topic under these subheadings:
- Why our GOD has to go before us.
- What happens when HE goes before us.
- What our responsibilities should be.
- Why our GOD has to go before us:
- We have not gone this way before but HE has. HE knows the end from the beginning. Isaiah 46:8-10
- We cannot succeed or overcome our enemies without HIM. John 15:5
- We cannot go alone. We need HIS help. HE knows that we need help and so promised it ahead of time. Isaiah 41:10; Hebrew 1315.
b. What happens when HE goes ahead of us:
- We will receive divine guidance. We shall not miss our way in carrying out our divine assignments. Recall Abraham’s servant. He prayed and GOD guided him to find the right wife for his master’s son. The LORD went ahead of him and made his journey successful. [Genesis 24:12-21]. Those of praying for life partners, expect His guidance this year in JESUS Name. HE will also give you favour before your in-laws.
- Our GOD-given dreams will be fulfilled. See Genesis 50: 18-20. Joseph’s dreams appeared to have been botched when his brothers sold him into slavery, but The LORD went ahead of him by giving him the connection that he needed to fulfill his dreams. He was not bitter but forgave his brothers.
Those dreams given you by the LORD shall be fulfilled, some this year, and others later. Your promotion will come through, no matter the plans and plot of the kingdom of hell.
- Our protection from evil is guaranteed: in the wilderness The LORD moved ahead of the Israelites in a pillar of cloud by day and by a pillar of fire by night. They were protected from the harsh weather conditions – extreme heat in the day and extreme cold at night. Exodus 13:21-22; Deuteronomy 1:30-33. The Child JESUS was protected from being killed by Herod when an angel told Joseph ahead of time to move with HIM to Egypt. [Matthew. 2:13-181]. GOD sent an angel to shut the mouth of the lions from eating Daniel. [Daniel 6:22].
- Victory over our known and unknown enemies: 2 Samuel. 5:17-25.
You will experience breakthroughs as David did.
God shows you when to attack because HE has gone ahead of you to fight for you.
Note that your new level of promotion will be challenged by the enemy and his cohorts.
Obstacles on your way to fulfilling GOD’s plans for your life are removed. Mark 16:1-4.
The stone covering the grave of JESUS was removed by an angel before the women arrived, though it was a source of concern to them.
Psalm 114:4 – Mountains skip at the presence of the LORD.
Isaiah 45: 1-2 – Gates of bronze and bars of iron are removed by the LORD to enable HIS chosen succeed.
- Our persecutor becomes our fellow preacher. Acts 9:1-9. Saul of Tarsus was struck down by The LORD ahead of the believers he was going to persecute; and Saul eventually became a preacher of the gospel that he had opposed vehemently.
- Abundant financial resources hitherto hidden are released by The LORD to HIS servants. Isaiah 45:3.
c. What Our Responsibilities should be:
- Let GOD be your GOD – [My GOD] – through repentance and faith in The LORD JESUS CHRIST and HIS sacrifice on the cross, resurrection and ascension. In short have and maintain a personal relationship with GOD.
- Let JESUS be your only GOD without any graven image as an alternative. Exodus 32:1
- Believe GOD that HE has gone ahead of you as HE promised. HE does not fail to keep HIS word. Hebrews. 11:6.
- Humble yourself before GOD by recognizing that you need HIS help. Fast and pray.
Plead this promise of going ahead of us in your prayers. Psalm. 35:13; Numbers. 14:14
- Forgive those who wronged you. Gen. 50:20
- Be holy. Psalm. 52:11-12
- Follow The LORD wholly like Caleb. Obey HIS voice even if it sounds unreasonable. The foolishness of GOD is wiser than the wisdom of men. Numbers. 14:24; 32:11-12.
Our GOD has gone ahead of us this year because He knows that we need help. HE knows that we cannot really succeed without HIM.
HE has good plans for us which the enemy does not want us to realize. Let HIM be your GOD personally. As we play our parts as outlined in this message we shall experience HIS goodness and mercy with tremendous successes this year.
Pastor IT. Okeke. (Gen. Sec. MVM),